Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blogging Through the Alphabet - B

This week, for my "Blogging Through the Alphabet" journey, I would like to talk for a few minutes about something that is very near and dear to my heart.

B is for "Blessed Old Book"

The Bible is the record of the history of mankind - how we got here, what our purpose is, and what happens after we leave earth.  The Bible is so relevant to our life that it overwhelms me to even try to think about writing a post about it. It is relevant historically, spiritually, scientifically, and emotionally.
It is God's love letter to man.
It is God's instructions to us - our 'operator's manual' for life.
It is complete.
It is perfect.
It is relevant.
It is practical.
It is uplifting.
It is inspiring.
It is encouraging.
It is convicting, and helps me know how to live right.
It is full of wisdom.
It "tells it like it is".
It cannot be destroyed, no matter how hard some have tried.
People have died because of trying to bring it to the common man in every language.
I am SO grateful for it.





  
"This Blessed Old Book" - To hear the song, click the arrow below on the video:


LOVE this song! It was the inspiration for this post! 

Let me challenge you to spend some time in God's Word everyday. It will change your life!  For help in scheduling your reading, or deciding to challenge yourself to a daily Bible reading plan, see my post here:  Bible Reading Challenge.


If you are interested in learning more about the history of the Bible, click this link for a very interesting free online book: An Understandable History of the Bible



Copyright 2012-2013 - "Be The One" - www.aclassofone.blogspot.com  All rights are reserved. No text, photos, or content may be reproduced without direct permission from the author.


This post is linked with "Blogging Through The Alphabet" at www.Benandme.com
Click on the button to read some other posts for "B" week!

Blogging Through the Alphabet

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I really enjoyed reading your B for Blessed Old Book! I truly don't know how I got through with out it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!