Monday, April 1, 2013

Are You Kidding Me?

Today is April Fool's Day. I am not sure how this silly day came about. I guess that would make a good homeschool investigation project! I think it's funny to have a day set aside to be able to get away with pranks. ;-)

First, I have to say that I heard about this news article, and really did think it was an April Fool's joke, until I looked into it and saw that, sadly, it wasn't.

You be the judge.

From an article posted on April 1, 2013, on World Net Daily News:

President Obama has declared April "Budget Responsibly" month, and promised that his administration will focus this month on teaching children financial responsibility and responsible budgeting. Yes....just as responsible as our government.....

(CNSNEWS) — President Barack Obama, who has increased the national debt by $53,377 per household, has proclaimed April “National Financial Capability Month,” during which his administration will do things such as teach young people “how to budget responsibly.”
“I call upon all Americans to observe this month with programs and activities to improve their understanding of financial principles and practices,” Obama said in an official proclamation released Friday.
“My Administration is dedicated to helping people make sound decisions in the marketplace,” he said.

After reading this article in the Washington Times, concerning the completely out of control leisure spending taking place in his administration, perhaps President Obama himself should sit in on some of these "fiscal responsibility" lessons!!


On to happier topics......

We had a little fun with our dinner for April Fool's Day. I really wanted to do something fun for my family, and found a couple really cool ideas from Taste of Home.

I tried them out, and everyone laughed. It made for a fun, enjoyable, and confusing dinner! We ended up eating dessert first, and were almost too full for the actual food!

This was a "meatball bomber" that turned out to be cake and ice cream!
 

"Ice Cream with sprinkles" for the dairy free eaters, that actually turned out to be
mashed potatoes with tiny carrots!
 


The cake, set up on a cake stand, was a meatloaf with mashed potatoes in disguise!
 
I can see, from the reaction that I got, that I will have to plan more fun, themed dinners for my family. They enjoyed it, especially the part about eating dessert first, and seeing their enjoyment
made my heart happy too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!