Friday, February 27, 2015

Taking Back My Home: Weeks 7 & 8

I found myself having to combine weeks again, but it was for a worthy cause. Last week, week seven, my days were cut short because of chaperoning our youth group to a youth conference out of town. It was a great blessing, and I am so glad I was able to go. It was totally worth skipping some cleaning days!

That being said, I am now a week behind on Michelle's weekly challenge, but will hopefully get caught up on my living room this week! I encourage you to click the link and check out Michelle's list of living room chores - it is very thorough! She thought of every detail to give the living room a complete makeover!


I did catch a little break because one of the weeks I missed was "dining room" and we don't have one. We eat our meals in our kitchen. Our table is pretty much the center of the universe - used for cooking, chopping veggies, schoolwork, family game night, meals, and pretty much anything else that requires a large, flat surface that our entire family can gather around. Because of this, it is constantly undergoing clearing off and cleaning up. 
I did continue with the Declutter 365 Missions from Home Storage Solutions 101, and am proud to post a picture of my completed February calendar here.  I have gotten rid of several boxes of clutter - most of it from my kitchen. It is much more pleasant to work in a clean, uncluttered space and I am thrilled with the progress I am making. Participating in these challenges has been a real help to me.

This week's challenge at 34 Weeks of Clean is BOOKS! Oh my. Do I have books! We have several bookshelves that are literally overflowing with books. I have been working on books a little at a time since the beginning of the year, but I am definitely going to have to step it up this week to meet the challenge. My goals are to sift through and get rid of books that the girls have outgrown, to organize the overflow into our attic library space, to dust off all the bookshelves and make them functional so we can find what we are looking for, and to sell off or donate some more unused books. The upside to this is that most of our books are hanging out in our living room, so I will be able to combine the living room makeover with the book challenge, giving me some great expectations for  a successful cleaning week!

Stop back next week to keep me accountable! :-)



Copyright 2012-2015 - "Be The One" - www.aclassofone.blogspot.com  All rights are reserved. No text, photos, or content may be reproduced without direct permission from the author.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the hard work! Can't wait to see how the living room looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!