Monday, May 4, 2015

50th Anniversary Plaque

I wanted to share a special plaque I made for my in-laws 50th anniversary. I used a plain wood board, painted the edges a metallic gold, and painted the background with chalkboard paint.

When I was purchasing the chalkboard paint, I made an amazing discovery of chalkboard paint markers!  I used this for the lettering and it was so easy to use! No smudges.

For those who want to do nice lettering but don't have artistic handwriting (like me), what you can do is measure the size of the space you need to letter, and type your words into an MS Word document. After printing your paper, lay it over a sheet of face-down transfer paper, over the wood. Trace over your letters with a pencil. The transfer paper will make your design nice and neat right on your wood. You can then finish it off with paint, chalkboard marker, or sharpie.




Copyright 2012-2015 - "Be The One" - www.aclassofone.blogspot.com  All rights are reserved. No text, photos, or content may be reproduced without direct permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!