Saturday, May 16, 2015

Living By Faith



Have you ever thought about how tiny a grain of mustard seed is?  Jesus tells us several times in the New Testament that we will be able to see marvelous results to our prayers, if we will only have faith as a grain of mustard seed.

Matthew 17:20: "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

Recently I had some very pressing matters that needed much prayer and definite answers and guidance from the Lord.  Along with several friends, I dedicated a day to prayer over these situations.

By the afternoon, we had some very direct and marvelous answers to prayers, both for my daughter, and my friend's son. My daughter absolutely needed a summer job for college expenses, and my friend's son had a pressing matter with some assignments that needed to be accomplished for his college courses.

My daughter had two amazing job offers given to her that day. Both are exactly the type of job she is looking for, and neither conflicts with the other for scheduling purposes. She is able to do both, gain valuable experience, and earn all the money she will need for her next year of college.  My friend's son was able to complete his assignments so well that even his professor was amazed. Both of these things were answers to prayer that could have not come any other way - definitely not coincidental!

As I was praising and thanking the Lord for the quick and complete answers to prayer, it was such a humbling experience to realize how much God did, and how little it had to do with my own strength. I was humbled that God would even consider my requests, earnest as they were, and choose to answer so swiftly.

As I sat pondering how little my faith truly is, and how meager my prayer efforts are, the Lord brought this verse from Matthew to mind. He knows how humble and small our faith is, yet He still chooses to bless even the slightest flicker of faith that we are willing to put forth, just to show off His greatness and power.

I am so glad that God chose the tiny mustard seed to compare our faith to, and promises to bless our faith and prayers even though it's small. I am looking forward to my faith growing, which always happens as I see God work in my life and in the lives of those around me, but I am no longer discouraged that at this point in my life, my faith is still so small! God knows, and cares, and I thank Him for it!




Copyright 2012-2015 - "Be The One" - www.aclassofone.blogspot.com  All rights are reserved. No text, photos, or content may be reproduced without direct permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!